September 6, 2007

93rd - Rocky was a Wuss

I decided not to add photos on this one since it's long enough. But the next blog I post in a couple of days [It's already underway] will have photos from this trip. It'll actually just be about photos from this this trip.

I've lost count of how many attempts there have been to start this blog. Well, here is it.

Before I begin, picture this. A grown man carrying a thousand dollar Prada purse to carry a tiny, effeminate, perpetually shivering, dog. Now picture this man wearing a baby blue see through shirt. I don't think it's possible for someone to wreak of more douche-baggery1 than this - or as our latest phrase, coined by Haider, ass-munchery2.

It's a lovely Tuesday morning when I started this and it's now a Thursday evening that I'm finally posting this. The sun [Tuesday Morning] is being blotted out3, not by arrows but by perfectly ordinary clouds. I'm getting off topic. A few things to mention.

One. Commitments & Decisions - I need to start blogging more. For one thing, it amuses people. Second, I find it vaguely relaxing to rant and rave about useless stuff. It's pointless to say since only a couple of people will get this. There's a few other things I need to decide to commit to or not commit to.

Two. Sleeping gets in the Way - We took twin Mazda 6s. Momin's looked fat and mine looked a little gay. At least mine wasn't silver, though. We win. We left about an hour and a half after we originally planned, a good start for us. Got there around 630am, slept a few of hours and headed to New York.

Here is something fun. We all crashed at Hadia and Nomi's place and they only have one bathroom which between the two of them works just fine. However when there are sixteen of us rushing around trying to get ready. Good Times.

We did absolute NOTHING but walk around in New York all day which I contend was more fun than us actually doing something. The ferry ride past the Statue of liberty was very cool even though I'm not big on boats. We ate dinner at this jankie little Italian restaurant. It wasn't very good. I was starving though, as were a few others so we didn't complain until after we had finished eating. We saw ground zero, which was so exciting, that I hung back while everyone checked it out and got me a gyro. Eventually, I sauntered over and took a look. Meh.

People in New York have something against sitting, I've noticed. Why are there so few benches?!?! Do you people not get tired? Where do your homeless sleep? Haider also brought up an interesting point. People in New York are pretty ugly. I mean honestly, I've seen movies. I had expectations. We got home around 5ish in the AMs.

The next day was a lot more chill and a lot of us would agree, more fun than New York. Also, better looking people. We went to Philadelphia. We had Cheesesteaks at Pat's. They were good. Haider contends that Crown Pizza in Scarborough makes them better. We'll be testing the theory this weekend. We should probably call them now if we want them ready by this weekend. Then we went to do the rocky thing at the Art Museum and it needs to be said. It wasn't that tough, or remotely. I think we did end up on the news though somewhere between reporting the weather the update on the war, there was mention of a bunch of Canadians making asses of themselves.

There was this chick there who was basically running up and down the stairs. Now, she wasn't a wuss. Rocky, still kinda wussy. After that, Momin [dubbed Nomin when he's with Nomi] felt up Rocky's statue and then jumped around in a water fountain. I'm actually not joking. I like Philadelphia. In our car, on the way back, we decided to share ghost stories which were mildly scary and mainly just amusing. This is important for later on.

We got home and were ordered to fall asleep right away because we're leaving bright and early. Me, Asmar, Haider, Sophia and Amber ended up sitting in the hallway till about 5am talking about pretty much nothing and every now and then saying, "so, how are things?". I think me and Haider ended up sleeping in the hallway until day break [around 7am] where we were both thinking about moving to that one spot on the air mattress and I got up like 3 seconds before him.

Important travel Tip - Carry a Nerf ball and a Nerf football. Play catch at every stop. It helps keep you energized and awake. I'm positive thats why none of us were getting horribly tired while driving.

Ok - I missed a whole bunch of stuff. Feel free to add anything else in. Moving on.

Three. Turning 19, only to have the Drinking age change to 21 - Shiv's wee cousin, Adidi birthdayed on this past Saturday. I think this may have been the first one away from the Family. Adidi just started Uni in PA. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADIDI!

Four. iqBirthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY IQBAL JAAN JEE! That was day before yesterday.

Five. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! I really hate Nomi sometimes. We're having dinner and my mum is doing her mom thing and complaining about how it's expensive and stuff and after a few minutes she's like, "We should Nomi here when they come. He'd like this place" Honestly, Nomi. It's on. Always remember who got a shut-out on you, momin and abbas.

Six. Asmar is off to Teacher's College in Windsor and Sacha is off to Waterloo4 for University. There's so few of us left. Luckily, Sacha isn't very far away and I'm fairly certain we'll see her more now than we used to. You'll miss us. Good Luck.

Seven. Hurt, the necessary feeling5 - I've been going through one of those weird phases again these past few weeks, which is probably why I haven't been blogging and stuff. Some people have noticed it and inquired and I've been shrugging it off with my normal showing of bull shit. But something really is bothering me. Obviously, I'm not going to share it here, but admitting that something is bothering me is a pretty big step for me. I think it's just this whole moving along thing. It's not enough. Ninja Monkeys! - look at that, right on cue. I bounced back.

Here's a fun list a friend made for me. Well, here's part of it. Some of these aren't really valid, but amusing none the less. She wrote this, I'm just quoting and taking out a few things and adding my own comments.

What’s Wrong With Sixth6

1) I have ADHD - oh, big surprise. takes a really expert to figure this one.

2) I am an insomniac - Meh

3) I might be manic-depressive - I don't get this one. It's just kinda rude.

4) I am an adrenaline junkie - I am not. Slow and steady is my tempo.

5) I sometimes forget to eat for a day or two - I get busy.

6) I am mildly addicted to Red Bull - I AM NOT! What is up with you people. You can't place my actual issues so you all run to Red Bull. Yes, a soft drink is the culprit.

7) I’m into S&M - mildly and who isn't?

8) I once dressed up as Jesus for Halloween in high school - This never happened.

9) When I get bored, I like to pretend I have OCD to annoy people in public places. - Nothing annoys bus drivers more. Stupid Grey HOund still owes me 200 bucks.

10) I can’t sit still for a minute - I'm fidgety.

11) I’m constantly gaining and losing weight, and doctors can’t figure out why. - I'm a stable 125 right now.

12) I’m obsessed with comic books - It's a healthy hobby. NOT an obsession.

13) I like the song “This Is Why I’m Hot” - Who doesn't

15) I have a Yoda that I cuddle with and talk to that nobody else is allowed to touch - NO TOUCHIE! And we don't cuddle. We huddle together to share body heat. It's a survival thing. It's totally manly

16) I get boners from looking at motorcycles - ONE TIME!

19) I’m a cat person - I like dogs too. And whats wrong with being a cat person. Unless you have liek thirty five.

20) I can’t fall asleep unless I can hear the humming of my computer - I find it soothing.

21) I’m a sociopath - I'm okay with it. It makes things more fun.

23) I refer to myself as sixth lie - The problem here is?

24) I speak about myself using plural nouns such as “we” and frequently refer to me and my “selves” - So?

28) I talk to myself in public sometimes, carrying on lengthy conversations - Who doesn't? Amina, back me up here.

29) Despite what my friends say I’m not paranoid – people ARE out to get me - They are! And you know who they are. I have names.

30) I lock my keys in my car more times than I don’t lock them in there - Ok. One valid issue.

31) I’m straight (apparently), yet I own more pairs of shoes and designer clothes than my girlfriends - I'm friends with Sameera, so I do not.

32) I will not ring doorbells when I arrive at someone’s house - They're gross.

33) I cannot use a new bar of soap - Again, gross.

37) I learned to tie my shoelaces in grade 8 - So, what? Let is go, already.

...more to come.

Eight. Penniless - I went on our little Pennsylvania trip with about 350 dollars US in my pocket. You'll all be very proud to know, I came back with almost seventy-five percent of it. Don't be all proud yet. In the past couple of weeks. There was a Midnight Madness Sale at Silver Snail and I got a whole bunch of comic stuff including the Stardust storybook which is uber-cool. Back Story. I've wanted a DS for a while now but two things were stopping me. First, it comes in colours I don't really care for [black, white, blue, pink] and second, its 160 bucks and by the time you get some basic stuff, it gets to the amount where it feels like a waste of money. That all changed last week when Nintendo released a Crimson Red version with a carrying case and a game. Still, hundred-sixty bucks. Saw it at Shoppers. Burnt my optimum points and got 150 bucks off. Who's awesome! Then I got some Toys R Us gift cards from my brother and got Tetris and the New Super Mario Brothers. All is awesome now. I'm quite proud of that purchase. You should be too. I also got a 2GB MP3 player which is shaped like a little stone. I want an iPod but I just can't justify the price of it. *glee*

Nine. Demonology - Guys, keep an eye out for this. Nadia may be possessed. We were driving home and we took a picture of Nadia while she was asleep and she was Elphaba shade of Green. I've been checking in at night to see if she's floating or anything. So far so good. If she starts speaking other languages or you know, proper English, let me know. I've made arrangements for priests and stuff. Kinda pissed off a pasture-guy when I called and asked how much he charges for exorcisms. Fun story on that later.

Ten. I know this is a pain in the ass but I'm cleaning out slash organizing my room and I'm missing like sixty to seventy books/comics/stuff. So, if you have any of my stuff with out, please return it and you can re-borrow it once all my stuff is organized and accounted for. Off the top of my head: Momin, Sarah, Yalnee, Fiona, Sameera. Thanks

Eleven. I need new clothes. Lots of them. More specifically, I've decided my socks need an upgrade. No more boring white sweat socks. If you see something cool and different, feel free to pick it up for me.

I should stop now.
ZQ

1 - and dog urine, I would assume
2 - it's a fun phrase. feel free to use it. here are a few examples. "What is this ass-munchery" or "This ass-munchery has gone on long enough!"
3 - are you not finding that people are using "blot out the sun" and variations of way to much this year?
4 - Waterloo may in fact be the most boring place on the planet. More boring than sitting in
5 - Comon, that was pretty deep. Not as deep as Arubia's comment way back when, but it's a highlight for this blog.
6 - Someone actually did write that list. It wasn't me.

9 comments:

Mr. Horse said...

Long blog.

Rocky was not a wuss.

Your #11 is the exact same for me - 11) I’m constantly gaining and losing weight, and doctors can’t figure out why. - I'm a stable 125 right now.


My head hurts. My throat hurts. My everything hurts. So tired.

Anonymous said...

lol I enjoy that my deuche bag ex made #1 on that list, that very long list...thanks for thinking of me ;)

Unknown said...

thanks for the shout out!!!

cant believe you went to NYC and just walked around. i mean that in itself is amusing but it coulda been a lot better. hopefully i can join ya next time

Sarah Q. said...

that was waaayyy too long! lol

joshua said...

It's so nice for me to have found this blog of yours, it's so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool! Don't think for a minute that my invitation is spam and I'm a spammer. I'm only searching for a public that may like or love what I write.

Feel free off course to comment as you wish and remember: don't take it wrong, don't think that this visitation I make is a matter of more audiences for my own blogg. No. It's a matter of making universal, realy universal, all this question of bloggs, all the essential causes that bring us all together by visiting and loving one another. However...

Some feel invaded and ofended that I present myself this way in their blogs and rudely insult me back.
Some think I'm playing the smart guy who wants to profit, in my miserable and ridiculous gain with Adsense (go figure!), from and with others curiosity and benevolence.
Some simply ignore me.
Some aknowledge that It's most important we all take notion that there's milions of us bloguing arownd the world and thus vital any kind of awareness such as I believe this my self-introduction card and insert apeal brings in.

May you be one of those open and friendly spirits.

You must not feel obliged to come and visit me. An invitation is not an intimation. Also know that if you click on one of my ads I'm promised to earn a couple of cents for that: I would feel happy and rewarded (because I realy need it!!!) if you did click it, but once again you're totaly free to do what ever you want. I, for instance, choose immediatly to click on one of your ads, in case you have them. To do so or not, that's the whole beauty of it all, however, blogocitizens must unite also by clicking-helping eachother when we know cybermegacorporations profit from our own selfishness regarding to that simple click.

About this I must say, by my own experience, that no one realy cares (maybe a few) about this apeal I make, still I believe in my Work and Dreams and thus I'll keep on apealing and searching so strong is my will.

I think it's to UNITE MANKIND that we became bloggers! Don't see language as an obstacle but as a challenge (though you can use the translater BabelFish at the bottom of my page!) and think for a minute if I and the rest of the world are not expecting something like a broad cumplicity. Remenber that pictures talk also. Open your heart and come along!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well… im at work…and bored (first day of Ramadan and all, so not much work handed out and all)
So I've decided to comment of that list of things that are supposed to describe u (im not sure who wrote that up)…

Moving on…

U don't understand how ure manic depressive? Well…u only completely avoid ur best friends certain times…snap at them…and still insist tht there's nothing wrong. U get all cranky and sad for NO reason AT ALL. At least my reason is hunger! Lol

And since WHEN is Red Bull a soft drink? Ohh… by the by Tequila also qualifies as a soft drink then!!!

And like HELL ure into S&M…. ppl see u as a lil' bit of a freak… but u actually whimper and cry like a little girl when I smack u arnd! U'd never be into S&M! U're too much of a pansy for that!!! :-P

I CAN'T believe you STILL haven’t gotten ur money from Greyhound…Mr. Trenton!!

And ur obsession with comic books isn’t healthy when it affects relationships and social contact with ppl that matter!

Im going to steal ur yoda… and stake him in front of ur house!!!!

U're not a cat person…ure not a dog person. I've noticed how cranky animals get around u… and how squirmy u get arnd them sometimes. (this is, with the exception of Mano)

Nobody is out to get u…nobody actually cares enough!


Now that all that's been said… I shall just wait for ur next blog so that I can rip u a newer one.

That is all.

Anonymous said...

ummm...

new friend?

Anonymous said...

... waterloo isnt THAT boring... jeez... okay maybe it could do with some spice but u just got to search a bit.

I FOUND THE MALL!!! i didnt know they had one!! lol

i kinda dont like malls, but for some reason conestoga mall (which everyone knows about since its the easiest thing to get to btw) was unbelievable relieving and i even found i liked it more than toronto's malls. who'da thought?

Anonymous said...

ssmq/kiddo... they have several malls. -_- Try looking up a map... there's a bigger one.